Preventing vehicle theft for your fleet
Did you know?
About 225 vehicles are stolen every day in the United Kingdom, according to the most recent government statistics. Vehicles are probably the single most popular target of crime because they are relatively easy to steal. To put the brakes on vehicle theft, try the following prevention tips.
Protect your fleet of vehicles with these tips:
- Never leave your vehicle unattended with the engine running, which is an offence punishable by a £20 fine and may invalidate your cover.
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle or ignition, even inside a locked garage.
- Always close your windows and lock the vehicle, even if it is in front of your home.
- Always park in a high-traffic, well-lit area, if possible.
- Consider anti-theft devices such as steering wheel locks or fuel cut-off switches.
- Have your vehicle identification number (VIN) etched into each piece of glass on the vehicle as a deterrent.
- Investigate the purchase of a motor vehicle alarm system if you live in a high-theft area or drive a theft-prone vehicle. Display an alarm decal near the door handle.
- Copy your number plate and VIN numbers on a card and keep them on you with your driving licence. If your vehicle is stolen, police will need this information promptly.
Make sure you are protected with not only these tips but with a high-quality insurance policy. For more information on our fleet insurance cover, please get in touch. Call us on 0333 202 3173 or fill in our online quote form and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as they can.
« Back to all news