Did you know?
Driving in severe and unpredictable weather conditions can be downright nerve-wracking. It can also be very dangerous. Being aware of how modifying your driving during rain, storms, snow and fog can help you stay calm during your commute. insureFLEET want to make sure all of our business fleet policyholders are protected and safe at all times and these tips could help you.
- Turn on your headlights, wipers and demister to increase visibility.
- Drive in the tracks of the vehicle ahead of you and reduce your speed.
- Allow for increased space between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
- If you hydroplane, hold the steering wheel straight and remove your foot from the accelerator.
- If you are driving in a storm, get out of your vehicle and find shelter. If there is not a building nearby, lie in a ditch and place your arms over your head.
Snow and Ice:
- Clean ice and snow off your windows, bonnet and boot before departing.
- Drive with extreme caution and at reduced speeds.
- Do not brake quickly as you may spin out of control.
- Slow down before you reach a patch of fog in front of you.
- Use your low beams or fog lights and put on your demister and windscreen wipers to increase visibility.
- If the fog is extremely thick, roll down all of your windows to hear other vehicles around you.
Don’t forget to keep yourself protected at all times and let your drivers know of these safety tips. For more information on our fleet insurance policies or our breakdown cover, do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of the team today. Call us on 0333 202 3173 or fill in our online quote form and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
« Back to all news