What is Fleet Insurance and why do you need it?

Rate this post


Any motor vehicle that is used on a public highway is legally inclined to have sufficient insurance cover. UK motor fleet insurance is a policy that will cover several specified vehicles of any type. There are many different types of fleet insurances such as motor fleet insurance where you can combine different types of vehicles all on the same policy. Other types of fleet insurances are Car Fleet Insurance, Van Fleet Insurance, Lorry Fleet Insurance, Taxi Fleet Insurance, Haulage Fleet Insurance, Tipper Fleet Insurance and Courier Fleet Insurance.

You can get the standard 3 types of insurance for your fleet; comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party only.If you need a cheap policy – one that only covers any liabilities you might incur to others and provides no cover for you, your driver or your vehicle – then you could get ‘third party only’ protection.

‘Third party fire and theft’ insurance covers your potential liabilities and would reimburse you if your van were stolen or destroyed or damaged by fire. This would cost more than the most basic form of cover.

The largest cover for Fleet Insurance available is fully comprehensive. As well as the protection of both the above insurances, it allows you to claim for any damage or injury sustained by yourself. This is obviously the most expensive form of cover due to all the aspects covered.

You may currently only have one or two vehicles but if you are looking at expanding your transportation numbers thenwe will gladly give you advice on what type of fleet insurance you will require simply give us a call on 0333 202 3144 to speak to one of our experts who will shop the market for you to find a cheap quote but with all the cover you need.

« Back to all news

Recent Posts