Young Driver Safety Tips
Motor vehicle and driver risk management tips provided by: insureFLEET
Young drivers are more at risk compared to older drivers, young drivers have a much higher crash risk due to youth and inexperience. You may feel excited at the chance to get behind the wheel, but it’s normal to feel a little anxious about driving too. That’s why you should use the tips below to stay safe on the road.
• Always use your seat belt, even if you’re just going for a short drive—it’s the law and you can be fined up to £500 if you don’t wear a seat belt when you’re supposed to.
• Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Remember that prescription medications can impact your driving too.
• Avoid driving at night if you don’t have much experience behind the wheel.
• Watch the forecast to avoid any inclement weather.
• Always try to stay at least two seconds behind the vehicle in front of you. This can help give you more reaction time in the event of an emergency.
• Never use your mobile phone in your car.
• When driving with friends, remember to concentrate on the road.
• Keep music volume low so you can hear any other road noise.
• If you ever feel uncomfortable or unsafe on the road, pull over somewhere safe.
It’s easy to get distracted on the road, especially when you first get your licence. Don’t drive with more than one other person in your car until you feel more comfortable behind the wheel—this will help you to stay focused on the road and the traffic around you.
For more information on our fleet insurance policies, please get in touch for a quote. Give us a call on 01270 748037 or fill in our online quote form.« Back to all news