In today's fast-paced business world, companies rely heavily on a fleet of vehicles to transport goods, provide services, and ensure efficient operations. With an increased number of vehicles to drive, maintain and look after, having a fleet of vehicles, can increase the likelihood of risks.
What is Fleet Insurance?
A Fleet Insurance policy is most commonly used for those who need to insure multiple vehicles under a single policy. Whether you own a personal collection of vehicles, or operate a business and need insurance for your haulage or courier vehicles, HGVs, minibuses, cars or vans, having Fleet Insurance can be a great way to save valuable time and money on insurance premiums.
Having Fleet Insurance can offer you flexibility as you can have greater control over customising cover for vehicles and drivers.
Why do you need Fleet Insurance?
- Protection for your group of vehicles: Whether you have a small fleet or a larger one, fleet insurance can help to safeguard your valuable assets, including cars, trucks, vans, or any other vehicles used for business purposes.
- Less admin: Having fleet insurance can reduce the unnecessary stress of keeping track of individual policies, making the insurance process simpler.
- Keep your claims in one place: The claims process is smooth and efficient.
- Any driver options: It will allow any driver you allow, who meets the criteria of the policy (may be limited by age, prior driving offences, etc.) to be covered behind the wheel of your vehicles.
- Cost-effective: Insuring multiple vehicles collectively under a fleet policy often results in lower premiums compared to insuring each vehicle separately.
How Fleet Insurance can help you to save money
Taking out a Fleet Insurance Policy can typically be cheaper than individual policies, making it beneficial as it can reduce the running costs of your business. Fleet Insurance policies can also be customised and tailored to your specific needs, ensuring that you’re not paying for cover that you don’t need.
However, some factors may affect the price of your premium:
- The type of vehicles in your fleet
- How many vehicles your fleet contains
- Where your group of vehicles are stored
- How much the vehicles are worth
- The number of named drivers and what their experience and driving histories are.
The importance of Fleet Insurance cannot be overstated. It is an investment that can help to safeguard your business against unexpected challenges, save you money, simplify administrative tasks, and enhance your business's image. With comprehensive cover, cost savings, and added services, fleet Insurance can offer peace of mind, allowing you to focus on what matters most: the successful running of your business.